Author Options:

Lit bubble columns/bubble wall Answered

I've been looking at these awesome bubble columns that are so wretchedly expensive and dying to get one for my office. Note, I am sure they are worth every penny, but I have few pennies. For the link-phobic, a bubble column is a clear tube several feet tall with an aerator making bubbles and multi-coloured lights from beneath the column. Some columns are interactive and others have plastic fishies or balls that sail around inside.  There is also a space-saving "bubble wall" that only runs 1L of water. 

Anyone even have a clue as to where to start?

No pics, sorry, I didn't want to pull them off the website. 

1 Replies

steveastrouk (author)2011-12-04

Acrylic tube from shopfitter supplies. Large diameter for main effect, and narrow for air supply.

Acrylic end plate for large tube.

Pump from aquarium supplies, possibly some tubing and a couple of valves.

I also suggest that you take the air feed INSIDE the large tube, or a broken pipe will get very, very messy.

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer