Rebuilding after the end has come to pass... Answered
The year is 2054, the human race has endured its biggest and longest war ever leaving the last survivors to fend for them selfs in its wake.
To make matters worse, a human designed diseasse has spread, thinning out the last survivors to less than 50.000 people all over the world who happen to be lucky enough to be ressistent to the dissease.
There are no more governments, no more borders, no forms of modern society ''at all...'' except for your own rules and moral state of mind.
Raw modern resources are almost all used up, maybe a few drops of oil here and there but not enough to be reliable for longterm use at all.
City's have burn down to the ground, blasted into the sky or have bin left to decay and rust, there are simply not enough people arround to keep them running.
U, yes U are one of the lucky ones to wake up one morning, having your loved ones by your side and you can see the sun come up!
Your in a forrest, your car has run dry on fuel, but your alive and kicking!
What would you do to survive, build a longterm home and grow out to become a safe haven for "all" who will find your place of refugee?
These are the conditions you have that work for you:
1. You are not alone, you have the ones that are closest to you with you all the way. ( ideal situation huh? )
2. The forrest you are in is huge, deu to the fact humankind has declined in such small numbers, nature hase taken back a lot of groundspace and it is booming! ( again, ideal! )
3. You have a car, it is broken down, has no more fuel except some fumes, but you have it non the less... ( not so ideal, but still... )
4. In the trunk you have a tiny solar panel, strong enough to fill your cars battery ( yup, one battery... but its 2054 so the poweroutput is more than enough to help you out in the first stages of building your new home. )
5. In that same trunk you have sleeping gear for camping, a couple of pots and pans, some basic workingtools and a bundle of paracord, couple of hundred feet in length. ( you like paracord, o yes you dooo... )
6. You see a chicken in the corner of your eye... your running condition happens to be excellent and so you take a sprint... There's your protein... ( eat the chicken, or keep it for later use? its yours now, so do what you want with it. )
This is whats working against you:
1. Guns are not a good option. All rounds off ammo that where ever made have bin used up. Even your trusty ol .45 lays in the back of your trunk not knowing its own purpose in life anymore... ( so sad... )
2. City's? gone! Piles of rust and decay are the only things that are waiting for you over there. ( pluss, the bandits roaming the city are not the most happy bunch to cross with. )
3. Fuel, nope, fumes, yes... ( not much going there... )
4. Communication devices are out... ( you forgot to pack your radio, and now you have nothing to reach out with... or do you? )
5. The spot your in is most beautifful, really, its the most beautifull patch of forrest you and all around you have ever seen!!! The gigantic mutated bears and stray wolfs think so too... ( Radition and the human designed diseasse worked toghether in the animal kingdom making these guys grow almost double there original size... see statement 1 for double sadness!!! )
Ok, taking the mutated bears and wolves aside, think outside the box. You have a car, thats something, and these bears and wolves will leave you allone as long as you let them do there thing. And if they dont get hungry enough to eat you ofcourse. ( Its a mutual agreement i guess. )
Im curious to see what you guys come up with, so be my guest and spit it out ;-)