SOLAR POWERED IP CAMERA RUN ON 3G MODEM Answered
Hi everyone, im a new member and have a task at hand which is a puzzle to me but would probably be a breeze for u tech savvy bunch :-)
Ok heres my dilemma:
I have a remote location where i want to setup an IP Camera run on Solar Power. I have purchased a wireless 802.11 ip camera with pan and tilt capabilities as well as an audio in (internal mic) and an audio out (1 x audio line out interface) along with 4 alarm in and out male ports.
Heres what i want to be able to do:
1. View the cam remotely via PC/Mobile Phone.
2. Utilise the Pan and Tilt capabilities
3. Have a text message/email sent to me everytime the alarm is activated/motion is detected
4. Be able to have audio in and out
5. Have the camera on standby until motion is detected
6. Have the solar power as the only source of energy for the camera and the camera to be able to run 24hrs a day (standby and in use)
7. Was also wanting the solar power to charge batteries so at night time the cam would still work or if its a cloudy day etc etc
Now im thinking that i would need a modem with a sim card in it to work the internet side of things. But how would i go about getting the audio and alarm functions working? I can plug an ethernet cable into a modem and put a sim card into a modem and connect the cam and modem up to a solar power source, but where the heck do i plug the audio and alarm cables into??? In the below link theres specs on the cam as well as pics of the types of connections available on the cam.
I wouldnt have a clue about Volts and Watts and amps etc so am stuck at just buying the cam which is here:
Please help ladies and gents it would be kindly appreciated. Thanking you in advance for your words of wisdom.
p.s. i have scoured the forums and google for this type of setup and have got close but need something custom for my situation and my low level of knowledge in these areas.