Site messages and other changes Answered
I've just pushed the first significant release after a couple engineering vacations. Rested and refreshed, I offer you these updates:
- The confirmation/error messages that some processes give are now 'modal', meaning that instead of an easy-to-miss orange bar at the bottom of the page, they are now a box in the middle, with a button to remove them. We found that many users did not see the bar at the bottom and were confused about whether the site did what they wanted, or why it apparently did not. We've done some work on removing confirmations that are common enough that it would be annoying to have to close them all the time, but if we've missed any of those please don't hesitate to let us know.
- We've reluctantly implemented a 3-contest limit when you publish a new Instructable. We just had too many cases where someone, for example, entered their Arduino Instructable into, say, the cupcake contest. It became a real load on the contest managers to keep removing ineligible Instructables. We hope that a 3-contest limit will help authors select the appropriate contest(s) to enter.
- We made Facebook login a bit more obvious
- Clarified the Pro payment page to make it clearer that there is a free account always available
- Couple of bugfixes around PDFs, ebooks, and patch sending