Author Options:

Tennis court resurface push tool. I want to push a large "cheese grader " device. Answered

I'm wanting to make a large "cheese grader" type tool that I can push.. It would skim the high points and deposit and clay in low points. I can't use wheels because the grader would follow the contour , when in face it needs.. Leveling .. Thanks anyone who cares :)

2 Replies

Burf (author)2014-07-11

Use a screed. I've built a couple of hundred houses and other structures and in almost every instance, screeding was used at some point, whether for concrete, soil or underlayment.

Its easy and cheap to set up and very effective. Use straight 2x4s for the guide boards and screed. If the area needing leveling is wider than the screed, start at one side and work your way across in steps.

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

steveastrouk (author)Burf2014-07-12

+1. You can make a sophisticated screed by putting long handles on the end, so you don't end up with a sore back.

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer