The Autodesk 123D Design Challenge is now open for makers between 13-18 years old! Answered
Cool, innovative products are all around us, many that we use every day. But do you ever stop to think about where they came from? From intelligent robots and cooking utensils to water purifying pitchers and self-parking cars—no matter how simple or complex the product, it all started with an idea and a design.
Think you can design the next amazing product? Enter the Autodesk® 123D® Design Challenge, apply your inventive skills, and you could win cool prizes and earn bragging rights among thousands of students! To enter, simply reimagine an existing product or design a new one that can take the world by storm. Use the easy and powerful Autodesk® 123D® Design app to model your innovation, then show off your skills by creating an Instructables® project and posting it here. We dare you … are you up to the challenge?
Here’s how to enter.Please read the Official Rulesfor more information.
1) Get the Autodesk 123D Design app for free!*
• Go to http://www.123dapp.com/design.
• You can try the app online, get it for your iPad® tablet, or download to your Mac® computer or PC.
• Select the option you want, and start creating!
2) Learn how to use the app by watching these video tutorials:
3) Create your amazing product idea or enhancement with the Autodesk 123D Design app.Remember that you can use a product that exists today as your inspiration, but you should not copy it in a manner that infringes another party’s intellectual property rights.
4) Post a step-by-step photo or video Instructable that explains how you made your product come to life by using the 123D Design app.Be sure to include screen shots from the app, and tell us what cool features you used to bring your product to life! Remember, you are creating a step-by-step tutorial so that we can follow along using the 123D Design app. Don’t forget to include details on how to use the app, so that we can create your amazing product too! Learn how to create an Instructable here.
Submit your invention and you could win loads of fun prizes, including a MakerBot® Replicator® 2 Desktop 3D printer, a 123D Design Premium Account Membership, a free 3D print of your design, e-patches, the right to have your work showcased on the Autodesk® Facebook and Community pages, and much more! We’re awarding one Grand Prize package, 10 First Prize packages, and 25 additional prizes. You are responsible for the payment of any taxes or other costs related to receiving, claiming or collecting any prize. See the Prizes page for additional information.