Author Options:

Transformer Answered

Picture of

Hello everybody! I just need some help with an electronic project I was doing-I need to desolder a transformer from a camera flash circuit, but every time I try with a new circuit, it always melts or the component leads fall off. I have included some pictures of it, maybe someone could identify the kind so I could buy it at an electronic retailer? It is meant to have 5 leads, with 3 on one side and 2 on the other. On a technical reference it has 7:3 coil ratio. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

3 Replies

NightRider7 (author)2008-01-05

thx, zombie, ill have ta get one of those

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

astrozombies138 (author)2008-01-05

well usually when desoldering a component, people use a vacuum made for desoldering, or a desoldering braid that draws up the solder because it contains flux. Another option would be a heat sink used for soldering, its basically a a metal clip that will keep the heat from damaging the components. Best of luck to you.

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer