Universal (adjustable) Rechargeable Battery Power Supply? Answered
I would like to build a battery power supply that has these features:
* holds some number of commonly available alkaline or rechargeable cells (AA or C since those are pretty common)
* has adjustable voltage for 3V-18V (or whatever might be practical)
* has adjustable current 100mA-3A (again, whatever is possible)
* batteries can be recharged by plugging in to normal AC outlet
* can still function as a power supply while charging (perhaps via AC?)
Is such a thing possible?
With phones, iPads and other items that are battery powered, it would be nice to be able to power a few accessories via battery and not need to recharge (i.e., be able to load fresh batteries) if on a remote recording session (for example).
I don't know much about electronics, and would need a higher degree of hand-holding for parts selection and other stuff. I am good with a soldering iron and have done a few DIY projects and kits that have all worked fine.