Venus Zine Craft-off Contest Answered
Got a clever handmade gift idea? Does it cost less than $40 to produce? Want to share your project with the world? If you answered yes to these questions, you should totally enter Venus Zineâ€™s 4th Annual Craft-Off Contest, a competition pitting the craftiest in the land against one another to come up with the best, most creative, most fantabulous DIY creations imaginable ... on a budget.
Winners will be chosen from the submissions received, and the best projects will be featured in the winter 2008â€“2009 issue of Venus Zine, on newsstands December 1. Winners will receive a four-issue subscription to Venus Zine â€” additional prizes to be announced (keep checking back!). Winners will be featured fancy pantsâ€“style in the magazine (photo and bio and all) in addition to venuszine.com.
- Your project should be an innovative, unusual creation using materials whose total cost does not exceed $40. Weâ€™re looking for jewelry, clothing, home dÃ©cor, furniture, bags, accessories, bath and body works, pet goodies, and whatever else you can think of. Try to come up with unexpected uses for objects, or put a new spin on an old favorite. Surprise us with your boundless creativity. The mission is to create gifts to give during the holiday season, but your project doesnâ€™t need to be holiday-themed.
- Your entry consists of two parts:
1. Digital photographs of your project: We will not actually run your photos, so donâ€™t worry about doing a high-tech photo shoot. Instead, we will conduct our own photo shoot for the magazine.
2. A set of instructions for assembling it. How-tos should be concise but sufficiently detailed so that Venus Zine readers may replicate your work. Please include a materials list that gives the approximate cost of each material.
- Any Venus Zine reader is welcome to participate, whether youâ€™re a DIY businessperson or just have a flair for the crafty. Unfortunately, if youâ€™re related to a Venus Zine staffer, you cannot apply. (You know how it goes â€“ we wouldnâ€™t want it to look like weâ€™re biased.)
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR BRILLIANT IDEA
- E-mail jpegs of your Craft-off Contest submission along with how-to instructions to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- All entries must be received by September 18, 2008, to be considered. We will notify you if you are a winner.
- You may submit up to five projects.
Ladies and gentlemen, fire up your glue guns, rev up your sewing machines, and show us what youâ€™re made of!
Interested in applying to be a Craft-off Contest prize sponsor? Get in touch with Anne Brindle at email@example.com for details. Keep checking back! Prizes will be announced soon.