Author Options:

Video "out" recording? Answered

On certain cameras, DVD players, VCR players it has the red, yellow and white "out", if I were to have a spy camera with the yellow and white "out" how would I record that in the space of a largish pocket? Kipkay's Instructable features the exact same style of camera (go here www.instructables.com/id/Covert-Spy-Sunglasses/)

Pic is of my one, not my picture though (sorry). Red is for power.



Best Answer 8 years ago

Depending on how much you want to spend, you can connect it to something like a mini-DVR used for exactly this purpose.  If your pockets are a bit bigger, and your budget a bit smaller, you can just find a slim camcorder which are also designed to fit in pockets.  I'm guessing you'd need a cable to convert the RCA plugs (yellow and white) to mini-jack for small devices like these.

Wow, I like the look of the mini-DVR! But it's a bit expencive.

And to be honest, I'm just looking for a cable to do exactly that: convert it!

The cables are readily available, here is one I found on Australian ebay.  I'm not really sure of your retailers, but I would ask for a 3.5mm plug/jack to 3-RCA Video Audio Cable when trying to track it down.