Author Options:

What is measured in this mode? Answered

I found a sign on my multimeter but i don't know for what it's used for can anyone tell me please?
The image is shown below!

4 Replies

Josehf MurchisonBest Answer (author)2013-07-29

That looks like a DT830A, DT832 or DT832H from Jameco that would be the frequency counter and its range is 50Hz or 100Hz.

If it is you can get the DT830 series operating manual here:


Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

Josehf Murchison (author)2013-07-28

Frequency Counter

Most meters don’t have a built in function generator but they do have a frequency counter.

The make and model would make it easier to Google the operators manual.


Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

AndyGadget (author)2013-07-28

If you can believe the photo HERE, it's a signal generator. Put a crystal earpiece or piezo element between the probes and you may hear a tone; Probably 1KHz. You can use this for injecting an audio signal when you're debugging an amplifier circuit or similar.

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer