Author Options:

What kind of aluminium extrusion is this? Answered

What is the exact name for this type of aluminium extrusion/profile? Because I have difficulties finding these profiles, when I google places to buy.


Best regards Chris S. Ramming

5 Replies

Josehf MurchisonBest Answer (author)2013-04-16

In the first link, it is Extruded Aluminium those look like motor housings.

Parts of that cannon look like the legs of my camera tripod and well machined parts.

The barrel looks like extruded aluminum tubing, there are some cut and shaped aluminum plate as well as a piece or two of cast aluminum.

I would suggest hunting scrap yards as well as goggling stock extruded aluminum, stock extruded aluminum tubing, and stock extruded aluminum shapes.

I found hundreds of pages when I goggled those three.

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

Ramming (author)Josehf Murchison2013-04-17

Thank you for your answer. It was very helpfull. :)

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

steveastrouk (author)2013-04-16

Sadly. all but the most obvious profiles (square. round, oval) are generally custom, and owned by whoever designed them for their projects. What do you want to do with it ?

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

Ramming (author)steveastrouk2013-04-16

I was planning on building a handheld propane tennis ball cannon/rifle like the tac 6 tennis ball cannon, with some alterations. I find this cannon very fascinating, and want to build one my self. :)
Best regards Ramming.


Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

Re-design (author)steveastrouk2013-04-16

Those look like computer fan housings.

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer