I heard an account of some guy accidentally bridging the 12V supply with a watch-strap (unpleasant it sounded too). A healthy car battery can deliver a lot of current, but only through materials with low resistance - your dry hands will be fine.
Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer
it's basically just an extension of the battery terminals, but if you touched them together they would spark and if you connected them together they could possibly get red hot, melt the wires etc since you would be basically having full amperage through it all.
add smoke and sometimes squirts of boiling acid from the battery too
(own experience - dont envy)
. The same thing as if you touch the battery. Ie, nothing. Maybe a slight tingle if your skin is wet. Don't stick them to your tongue.