Plus 6 to all who have answered so far. Honey is usually non-reactive and used in many skin products (see Burt's Bees). The only time you need to be concerned is if you are allergic to honey (or it's components) or very young (babies through toddlers don't have the correct immunities built up yet - ask a local pediatrician). As far as an hour is concerened, stay indoors so that other insects are not attracted to the honey. Yes, this is a rehash of other posts, but I think it must be emphasized about the relative benignness of honey for most people. As a further note, do a test on yourself (or the target subject) where you put just a drop of honey on the skin and observe it. If there is no reaction after an hour's time, you are most likely not allergic. Of course, if "you" already ingest honey normally, then you should have nothing to worry about. Qa
Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer
In general, no, although you could have an allergy.Also, there are strict guidelines for honey and children under a certain age that should be followed if this is in reference to use with an infant/toddler. (can't say for sure that extends to external use, but I thought it was worth mentioning)
Honey has been known for its healing properties for thousands of years - the Ancient Greeks used it, and so have many other peoples through the ages. Even up to the second world war, honey was being used for its antibacterial properties in treating wounds. But with the advent of penicillin and other antibiotic drugs in the twentieth century, honey's medicinal qualities have taken a back seat. Unless you have an allergy it should be safe to apply to your skin.
No as far as I know but your local bees, wasps and flies and perhaps the cat and dog will be really interested in you.
No it will be fine but why would you want it on for an hour? 20 mins. would be enough.
Possibly. For people like me who are allergic to beeswax it can cause contact dermatitis, which can be mildly painful and cause swelling, skin irritation and blistering.
Honey has been used for a very long as a natural wound healer. It has antibiotic properties that prevent infection and the sugars help promote wound healing. No, it won't hurt you and in fact is beneficial. The only exception might be if you are allergic to something in it.