224Views20Replies

Author Options:

ZIT!! ZIT!! OUCH! Answered

I was just electrocuted! I Just got out of the shower, i of course dried my hands, mostly because i can't open a stuborn doorknob without doing it, and i saw one of those spinning party lights (you know the ones with the lights that shine therough the colored circles?) and i was unplugging it in my chase of spare parts, and i did it, i was pulling the plug out of the power strip and my finger went under the plug while it was still in and BAm it took a second to realize it and i'm ok i guess nothing burning or smelling bad, and i think it tried giving my carple tunnel, because now my wriste hurts horribly(i really am fine though) I'm having a hard time typing because my fingers are getting over it so my head wont pay attention anyway let me knwo about your recent or weird electrocutions, and no i didn't crap myself

20 Replies

user
guyfrom7up (author)2009-01-06

also, in the picture, the plug has 3 prongs, but the outlet only has 2 bad drawings at the clip art company, lol

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

user
cd41 (author)guyfrom7up2009-01-06

didnt even see it remember i was getting over eletrucution, wonder how many volts i took in off to go check!

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

user
cd41 (author)cd412009-01-06

turns out it was 330V I am SUPERMAN-ISH , i know the volts amps thing ok let me enjoy some ignorance

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

user
LinuxH4x0r (author)cd412009-01-06

330? I don't think so. either 230 or 120 (120 in the US)

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

user
cd41 (author)LinuxH4x0r2009-01-07

I checked it it definetly said 330v i'll go check again..brb nvm on the 330v it was suppressed voltage tested at 330v its limit is actually 125v which i'm guessing wouldn't be normal level(really) so i guess your right at 120v

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

user
Thelonelysandwitch (author)cd412009-01-30

iv been shocked by 120 and it is like you described, but it wasn't that bad when typing. I think it was 114 to 125 volts. thats what I get in my house.

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

user
Derin (author)cd412009-01-17

The 330 would be a manageable one only on 3P 380V lines anyway.

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

user
Doctor What (author)2009-01-07

Fun! You didn't get superpowers from your accident, did you?

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

user
cd41 (author)Doctor What2009-01-08

Well i have been electrucuted harer before but now i don't feel most of it :) hopefully i wont get shocked again while my chest is brusied up, sneezing hurts alot so i dont want to imagine a voltage enough to feel it going through me

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

user
Kiteman (author)Chicken22092009-01-07

Have you ever listened to a spark arcing across an airgap?

zzztttt

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

user
Chicken2209 (author)Kiteman2009-01-07

well i generally try to use onomatopoeia that isnt already a word

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

user
cd41 (author)Chicken22092009-01-08

Well ouch wouldn't haven't let on if that was the only thing now would it?

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

user
Sandisk1duo (author)2009-01-07

I fried my friend's $2000 custom built gaming computer, just by plugging in a projector from the 90's!

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

user
Weissensteinburg (author)2009-01-07

Wow! Did you lose any hair?

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

user
Kiteman (author)2009-01-07

I got blown the length of a garage when (as a child) I sawed through the door-frame to try and find the mains cable. As you may surmise, I found it. Since then, nothing but tingles off the mains (such as touching both the contacts on a power switch with the same finger - the current went through about an inch of me, and left two small ashen patches). With VdG generators, though, I've been zapped with around half a million volts, which nearly made me swear.

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

user
Gjdj3 (author)2009-01-07

Ouch, that sucks! I've been shocked a lot of times, but never from an outlet. I remember when I was shocked before, most of the pain was from when my arm spasmed and I whacked my hand into the wall. The actual shocking part wasn't that bad.

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

user
guyfrom7up (author)2009-01-06

what'd it feel like? Careful of internal damage!

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

user
11010010110 (author)guyfrom7up2009-01-07

i electrocuted few times from 240 V ac. in all cases it was either closed path thru the hand only (palm only or palm to elbow) or capacitive path (limited current) from hand to body the closed path ones felt like being slashed really dip with an array of very sharp blades + as if it closes my hand with strong invisible force the capacitive ones were similar but way weaker thanks to rcd's and my jumping skills none of those electrocutions lasted more than split second

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

user
cd41 (author)guyfrom7up2009-01-06

my finger felt like it was being vibrated from the inside out like other times i've been eletrocuted, and i am perfectly fine the pain is going away and hopefully like before there is no internal damage

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer