Author Options:

flexible pipe/tube that keeps shape when twisted: how is it called? Answered

My headphones' mic is flexible like this: http://i.imgur.com/wv4Jq.jpg
You can bend it anyway you like and it (sort of) keeps its shape.
What is this thing (the pipe/tube) called?
Also, where can I get something like that of a larger size, or, are there instructables on how to make your own?

3 Replies

steveastrouk (author)2012-11-14

You can't make your own unfortunately.

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

Burf (author)2012-11-14

Its called flexible gooseneck tubing.
Many hardware and electrical suppliers sell it in a variety of sizes and lengths. You can get it in colors, chrome plated, metal or plastic.

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

bwrussell (author)2012-11-14

Search for "fully interlocked tube" and if that doesn't get what you are looking for then replace tube with conduit.

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer