. I've ordered some at 10% is this enough?
I used the standard pink stuff from the hardware shop for THIS one. Methylated spirit is denatured alcohol with an additive to make it undrinkable - typically 10% methanol. Is this the 10% you're thinking of?
Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer
Methanol doesn't make it undrinkable, only toxic. Methyl-violet and pyridine make it undrinkable. L
Thanks Lemonie. Pyridine - Way back in the mists of time, I remember my 'O' level chemistry teacher showing the class a gallon flagon of the stuff he had in the chemical store. He said it gave you cancer, made you sterile and he didn't have a clue what to do with it. He later admitted that he had no idea what to do with half the chemicals in there. (I managed a 'B'.)
It causes temporary infertility, but cancer is not reported in safety data. L
Orange juice makes it drinkable.
That's a matter of opinion..."I demand to have some booze" L
There's not that much difference between methanol and ethanol; any real meths should do you. L
... well, not for burning purposes. And usually not for solvent purposes.