614Views8Replies

Author Options:

help do i have water damage? Answered

i can't tell if i have water damage i let someone use it and now it doesn't work.. it turn orange when i plug it in but won't turn it on..

Tags:DSLite

8 Replies

user
NobodyInParticular (author)2009-03-03

It might help if you explained what device you are referring to.

In any case, to prevent further damage, make sure it has no batteries and is not plugged in. Here I listed several different guides for dealing with possible water damage to electronics.

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

user

Just to clarify, I'll repeat those four guides I suggested. I'm not aware of anything special about a DS Lite that would make any of these less applicable to your case. Of course if your device is still under warranty, get them to fix it. Otherwise, try these:

Featured solution
EnV Phone
Cell phone
Other things

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

user

but it's there something that tells you if got damaged from water like in a phone a piece turns red near the battery

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

user
Kiteman (author)frogbaybee2009-03-04

What device are you talking about? A phone? A DS? A flux capacitor?

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

user
Kiteman (author)frogbaybee2009-03-04

If you mean, then, that the charging light turns orange, then maybe your battery is shot. Try using the DS without the battery in, just the charge plugged in.

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

user

I presume a cell phone. The purpose of the color-changing sticker is to let the phone company blame you for the accident, rather than replacing it under warranty. If you already know your warranty is void, then there is no harm in trying to save the phone yourself. (In the future, I would suggest using more capital letters, punctuation, and important details when asking something on Answers.)

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer