Author Options:

how can i extend the wire that connects the two small speakers on my 2.1 speaker system? Answered

the wire now goes directly into the speakers. ideally, i'd like the solution to allow me to plug and unplug the wire together. can this be done by splicing the speaker wire with a 3.5 male/female cable? I'm not sure if the wires are compatible?


Thanks all, much appreciated!

Yep, that is a perfectly viable option. Technically you could use any plug with two or more contacts. Just cut the wire where ever you think it will be most convenient and splice a male plug onto one side and a female plug onto the other.

Yes. Splicing in a 1/8" male and female connector is a good way to go. Go to radio shack and pick up a pair a couple sets of the mono jacks and plugs.