Author Options:

identify this tool Answered

can you tell  me what this tool is and how is it used.


It would help if you had some background info on it or did you just picked it up at a garage sale because it looked interesting? I don't know if it is a cooking related utensil, industrial tool or other part of something bigger. Maybe something to card wool or comb fine haired animals? 19th Century George Foreman Grill?

Also, how big are the ridges, how high off the flat part of the tool?

I'm wondering if it's some sort of grilling or griddling tool?

First of all, the handle is wood, old and about 3" long with a hook at the end of it to hang it. The ridges are about 1/2 inch apart and not quite 1/2 inch deep or high. My late husband bought it at a yard sale, years ago. it is about 5 inches by 5 inches. I thought it was for brushing a horse, but not sure. The ridges are not sharp. You can rub your hand over it and it doesn't fell sharp. they are like rounded ridges rather than sharp pointed ridges. Hard to explain. Would really like to know what to call it. Thank you so much for your interest.