Author Options:

is there is a way to convert stero speakers into speakers that i could plug into my cpu so i could play my music louder? Answered

the information on the back of the speakers are as follows: Speaker System FWB-C399/17 3139 118 79080 Impedance: 6 OHM Serial No: E0210242 Made in China


. Unless your current computer speakers are terribly inefficient, you won't gain much, if any, volume by switching speakers. . To get more volume you need to add an amplifier, as L suggested. . Most amplifiers are designed for 4-8 ohms speakers (but it's been a while since I looked at impedance specs, so 2-16 may be more accurate). Your 6 ohm speakers should work with just about any amplifier, but, if there is a big impedance mismatch, you may get noticeable distortion, especially at louder volumes. As long as you keep the volume low during testing, a mismatch shouldn't cause any damage, but it may not sound good. . If your sound card has both line out and audio out jacks, just about any amp should work with it.

thanks. the speakers i have now on my comp. have been making crackling sounds, so i just wanted to hook up stereo speakers instead of buying a whole new sound system.

What sound card do you have in your computer? L

Manufacturer: Dell Inc. Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.40GHz (2 CPUs) Memory: 1022MB RAM Hard Drive: 156 GB Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Monitor: Dell 1704FPT (Digital) Sound Card: SoundMAX Digital Audio Speakers/Headphones: Keyboard: USB Root Hub Mouse: USB Root Hub Mouse Surface: Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.080814-1236) Motherboard: Computer Case: here's all the other stuff

I spent some time looking, but couldn't find what your card will drive in the way of speakers. Short answer: you need to put an amplifier between the computer and the speakers, I don't think you'll get what you want by connecting them directly. If you've still got the stereo you should be able to connect "line-out" on the computer to "audio-in" on the back of the stereo. L

i have a SoundMAX Digital Audio