issue installing ch341 usb-serial driver for Arduino nano cheap clones Answered
There are very cheap Arduino nano chinese clones there. The PROBLEM, they use CH341 chips not the Arduino standard FDDI ones and you need to install a driver:
1. no issue should be simple IF the manufacturer of the chips www.wch.cn would provide a driver, they did
2. and they would provide instructions (they did)
3. in Chinese
But, we are geeks: one would execute ch341ser.exe and expect the driver setup will do the job. It copies some ch341***.*** files in ***/system32/drivers and displays proudly "The drive is successfully Pre-installed in advance!". The device manager keeps silent.
I like this "preinstalled" and "in advance" part though. By whom, the Venusians?
4. Let's try something else, maybe they are not bad people.
There is another file called -ú+ÚÁ¸-È.EXE in the INSTALL directory. That's it, silly me, let's give it a try: it produces a nice interface filled with probably lawful chinese options. Now, that's VERY BAD PEOPLE.
5. Wait dumbo, give them a chance, read the README.TEXT. Ok, it works, IF you are Chinese.
6. Any *#@#%^.HLP, if you don't know what it means, learn Martianese.
By Great Pluto,