1 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon salt
Apples ( Golden Delicious)
1. Peel apples and soak lemon juice and salt mixture for 45 min
2. For darker skin dolls don't soak apples.
3. Shape eyes, nose and a mouth with small knife. Careful to not go too deep to cause rotting.
4. To dry large paper clip or a heavy piece of wire and carefully run it through the middle of the apple. Bend it at the bottom, and form a little loop at the top. Or tray on a screen. Do not handle while drying.
5. Choose a place without direct sunlight. Let dry for 2-3 weeks to dry.
5 1/2. You can also dry the apples by placing in your oven with the door slightly ajar for 4-5 hours at 200 degrees, then leave them to dry on a tray or screen for several days.
Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer
Google : )
Heads need to be soaked in a mild acid (lemon juice) for a while to minimize discoloration/rotting while drying.