2082Views5Replies

Author Options:

my mood ring broke and I got some of the stuff on my hands is it toxic? Answered

my mood ring broke and I got some of the stuff on my hands is it toxic?What should I do.

5 Replies

user
frollardBest Answer (author)2009-03-27

Any unknown chemical should be thoroughly rinsed with cool water for ~10 minutes. I'm guessing based on it being a 'kids' product (sorta), that its non-toxic. I'd recommend rinsing well anyway, wash with soap afterward. Do not eat :D

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

user
frollard (author)frollard2009-03-27

googling mood ring shows 'nontoxic' on most listings.

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

user
coolpizzadude (author)frollard2009-03-27

thanks I just wanted to make shore I wouldn't die or any thing when I did spill it on my hand I washed thoroughly with cold water for about five mints is that ok.

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

user
frollard (author)coolpizzadude2009-03-27

I'm pretty sure you're gonna be fine. If you're not - well, I'll genuinely be surprised for you.

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

user
NobodyInParticular (author)2009-03-27

If the color-changing liquid crystal is cholesteryl nonanoate, it should be safe enough to touch. Just wash it off and don't eat it.

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer