Author Options:

printer jack to USB ? Answered

how to convert/replace conventional printer cable jack to USB one ?


3 Replies

frollard (author)2009-08-28

There are converters, they are an integrated chip solution that creates a virtual printer port on the end of a usb cable.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.28558 $8.50 shipped

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.27180 6.50 shipped...

I love dx!

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

seandogue (author)frollard2009-08-29

Thanks F..you know, I still have my old computer hooked up because I had given up on finding a reasonably priced usb-to-parallel printer cable a long time back. Now I can finally shelve it for the eventual basement electronics lab and use my wide carriage Epson direct in the office without blowing moh money on powering it for the sole purpose of acting as printer hub....gracias! And thanks gunsawa for asking what I wouldn't even think to ask. I love serendipity!

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

Re-design (author)2009-08-28

I'm not sure which way you are trying to go with this. I'm sitting next to my older printer that has the old style printer cable db25 I think and my computer has usb port. I have a cable that converts the computer usb to fit the printer. I would assume that they would have made one to go the other direction also.

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer