Author Options:

what is the metal thing that u screw a light bulb into called and how do i change it????? Answered

2 Replies

memyselfand1 (author)2009-03-05
kelseymh (author)2009-03-02

It's called a socket. If you need to replace the socket, you will be taking apart your lamp, disconnecting the power leads from the screw terminals inside the socket, and attaching them to a new one. I suggest you research "how to change a light socket" before starting.

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer