on the back of a computer wheres the fan
If you have an apple lap top I can help usually it's located in or on top of the mother board on an apple lap top you screw off the back plate and you'll see it.
Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer
the spinning thing that sometimes feels hot over the vent that it is behind
inside your computer~!!!!!!!!!
I have five fans in my computer.
One is mounted on the processor heat sink.
One is mounted on an auxiliary heat sink for some controller on the main board
One is mounted on the video card
One is mounted inside the power supply
and One is mounted in the rear of the computer case, about half way up to the area where the power supply is located..I suppose that's the one you're talking about.
It's full tower case.
im saying this cuz your a guest, ether your blind or death come from another time or are a old person *puts hand near fan*fan Helen fan *shoves finger into power supply* fan Helen fan *smashes face into processor fan* fan Helen fan.
- i think these guys are trying to play nice, to them the answer seems obvious,
- my ans. is create, a quite zone around your computer/gizmo and just listen!!
1. there are fans in ALL power supplies for PC's (in laptops its negligable)
2. older processors have one mounted on them
3.newer graphics cards (namely Asus and Nvidia) have fans on them
4. the rear panel under your power supply may have fans attached.(common on gaming computers)
5. special cases may have decoraive fans mounted on the front (usually at the bottom) or on the sides.
Where the spinning blades are. That's called a "fan."
could be anywhere as i have one next to my graphics card one on the psu and one blowing air away from my cpu
What's the problem?
There are two. One in the power supply, and one on the CPU that generally has a heat sink attached. Hope I helped!
In the power supply