Introduction: 12v Universal Flasher Circuit
When we bought our second hand car, there was a flasher ckt attached to the horn of car. it was so annoying for me to have a flashing horn so i removed the flasher ckt and saved it for another purpose.
This is the universal 12vdc flasher for flashing any kind of 12vdc load(heavy or light) easily
In this project I have made ckt diagram and PCB design accordingly
Also I have attached PCB layout and ckt diagram pdf files
Step 1: Components Required
- 12v Dc Relay
- SC945 NPN Transistor (must see picture for pinouts)
- Polarized Capacitors x 2 (16v, 22 uF)
- Resistors x 4 (4.7kilo ohm)
- Three pin terminal block (picture for reference)
Step 2: Circuit Diagram and PCB Files
At first i thought to make PCB and then upload it on instructables but due to Covid-19 situation i can't some components
the size of the PCB is about 1.5 x 1 inch
These are the actual size pcb pdf files.
You can print it out and paste on on simple pcb board
checkout the link for homemade pcb
Step 3: Working and Conclusion
Checkout the video of circuit working.
in this video i have shown a car`s indicator bulb flashing
- it can be operate on 12v dc supplies adopters or even directly from car or motorcycle`s battery without any rectifier
- it can flash almost any 12v load easily and also heavy loads like car horn, Halogen bulbs, etc
The only annoying thing is the clicking sound of relay so its good for outdoor purposes