Introduction: 3 X 3 X 3 LED Cube
A few weeks ago I bought the Velleman 3D 3 x 3 x 3 LED Cube. Along the making of this project I did something wrong and I could not get the cube to work.I decided to convert this failure into a working cube. I took my Arduino out and started to write the code.
Step 1: Getting Started
Remove the four screws and the plastic spacers. Do not discard them as you will be use them for a different project. Disconnect the main PCB from the PCB that the LED’s is connected to.
Step 2: Connecting the Pins
Plug the golden pins into a breadboard. Hold the PCB in the same way as the third photo. start to plug the male jumper wires into the breadboard. From right to left plug the jumpers in as follows.
1. First pin to pin 11 on Arduino.
2. Second pin to pin 12 on Arduino.
3. Third Pin to Pin 13 on Arduino.
4. Fourth Pin to Pin 2 on Arduino.
5. Fifth Pin to Pin 3 on Arduino.
6. Sixth Pin to Pin 4 on Arduino.
7. Seventh Pin to Pin 5 on Arduino.
8. Eight Pin to Pin 6 on Arduino.
9. Nineth Pin to Pin 7 on Arduino.
10. Tenth Pin to Pin 8 on Arduino.
11. Eleventh Pin to Pin 9 on Arduino.
12. Twelfth Pin to Pin 10 on Arduino.
Step 3: The Code
Open the arduino code generating sodtware. you can download the software from http://arduino.cc/en/main/software Once you have the program opened download this file and open it in your software.