Introduction: 80s Pop Art Nail Art
Like, ohmigod! These fingertips look gnarly to the max! Here, I am going to put my basic nail art skills to the test with this cute and simple 80s pop art nail art design! It is so totally awesome, even Cyndi Lauper would be very impressed!
Step 1: Color Palette
What you'll need are...
- white nail polish (I'm using Maybelline nail polish in Porcelain Party)
- pink nail polish (I'm using OPI Nail Lacquer in It's All You!)
- orange nail polish (I'm using NYC Long Wearing Nail Enamel in Times Square Tangerine Cream)
- yellow nail polish (I'm using CoverGirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss in Goldilocks)
- purple nail polish (I'm using NYC In a New York Minute Nail Quick Dry Polish in Prince Street)
- clear top coat (not shown)
Step 2: Start With White
First off, paint your nails with white nail polish and let dry.
Step 3: Add Orange and Pink
Now, to make that special 80s style effect, add orange and pink dots to the tips of your nails. Moving from the tip to the base of your nails, spread the dots out and add lesser dots as you go to make a fade. Let dry.
Step 4: Finish With Yellow and Purple
Finally, add two stripes, one yellow and one purple diagonally across the tip. Let dry.
Step 5: Done!
Once the polish is dry, simply add a clear coat on top, let dry, and you're done! This design is, like totally awesome!