Introduction: A Lovely Toy Car Named Cockroach
This is a lovely toy car named cockroach which can never fall from the desk. It’s made with Shield Bot, Seeeduino/Arduino and other Grove Modules, very funny and interesting.
The Shield Bot is a stackable Arduino Shield that transforms your Arduino or Mbed into a fully featured beginner robot. The Shield Bot has been designed and specially equipped with on board line following sensors and expansion ports to be the robotic buddy that will teach you about robotics, electronics, programming. It is also packed full of expansion ports so it can also be the perfect base for any desktop robotics project! By the time you’re done with the toy car you will gain the following experience:
- Be familiar with Arduino/Seeeduino ;
- Show off the work to your friends.
Now, let’s get started
Step 1: Prepare the Stuff
Step 2: The Laser Cut Wooden Board
My friend from Seeed help me cutting the beautiful wooden board. I guess you don't have a laser cutting at home, you can find some in the hacker space near from you easily. If there's no hacker space nearby, you can try the Laser Cutting Service supply by Seeed.
You can download the Design Drawing by click here.
Step 3: Modules Connect
Now we should connect Grove - Ultrasonic Ranger to Shield Bot. Just as the figure below shows.
Step 4: Software Work
We assume you have connected your Seeeduino/Arduino and computer well with USB.
- Download demo code at https://github.com/Lee-Kevin/5.A_lovely_toy_car_n...
- Click “Download zip” button on right side of webpage to download all codes.
- Decompress the downloaded zip files to “C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Arduino\” and remove “-master” in decompressed file name. l Launch Arduino IDE.
- Click Sketch>Add file to add Cockroach.ino file from “C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Arduino\5.A_lovely_toy_car_named_Cockroach\ExampleCode\Cockroach ”
- Press CTRL +U to upload codes to your board. Wait a while, there will be prompt like following figure.
Congratulations, you have already completed the most of the work.
Step 5: Operation Instruction
Power on your own toy car, and put it on the table, to see how funny it is.