Introduction: Adding New Libraries to KICAD
KiCad is a free software suite for electronic design automation (EDA). It facilitates the design of schematics for electronic circuits and their conversion to PCB designs. It features an integrated environment for schematic capture and PCB layout design. Tools exist within the package to create a bill of materials, artwork, Gerber files, and 3D views of the PCB and its components.
Step 1: Open KiCAD Website
- Open Official Kicad Website to download a library to add.
Step 2: Select Libraries
- Press Libraries
Step 3: Download a Library
- Select Schematic symbols: https://kicad.github.io/symbols
Step 4: Select a Library
- Scroll down and select the library you need finally download it
For example: I will select ''Amplifier_Audio'' library
when you download the library file you will notice that the file is compressed
you will need to uncompress "extract" the library files so you can add it to Kicad
Step 5: Open KiCAD
- Open KICAD.
- Select the Preferences menu.
- Then Select Manage Symbol Libraries...
Step 6: Adding the Library
- Select "Project Specific Libraries".
- Select the Browse button to navigate and select the folder of the library...
- Select the folder and open it and select the file extended as .lib file extension then press open.
- Finally Press OK
Good Luck ::))
Published By Abdelaziz Ali on 26th Aug 2020