Introduction: Adjustments and Clamping
Properly position the work before operating the wood drill press.
Step 1: Using Clamps
Always clamp your workpiece. The drill bit can grab, and cause it to spin dangerously.
The red hold downs built into the table make it easy to anchor your work. Using the fence adds a layer of security.
There are a variety of clamping options available; ask Shop Staff if you need assistance.
Step 2: Changing Speeds
All speed changes must happen with the motor off.
- Use the speed chart to determine settings.
- Move the motor speed selector to 1500 or 3000.
- Move the upper gear change handle to A or B.
- Move the lower gear change handle to C or D.
- If a handle is difficult to engage, rotate the chuck by hand while moving the handle.
Step 3: Adjusting the Table Height
All adjustments must happen with the motor off.
- Move the lever to unlock the table.
- Rotate the handle to raise or lower the table.
- The table can be rotated on the column when unlocked.
- Lock the table.