Introduction: Bluetooth Mobile Robot Using Arduino Uno & Android
Everyone loves mobile robot :) This is a mobile robot kit based on Maker UNO(Arduino UNO compatible). You can learn electronics, sensors, microcontroller and coding all at once, not to forget having fun too!
The kit comes in loose parts, so you will need to assemble it. What's so special about this mobile robot kit is it has a Bluetooth module where you can control it with your smartphone and we have prepared the steps for you to control it using your smartphone apps. Of course, your smartphone must have Bluetooth :) Every phone nowadays should have it.
Note: Compatible with Android smartphone with Bluetooth only, not compatible with iPhone.
With the beginner-friendly Maker UNO as the controller, everyone can build and program this mobile robot. We have also included:
- Dual channel motor driver
- Custom designed acrylic base
- Two "TT" brush motor4 x AA battery to power the controller and motor,
- Of course, it comes with the Bluetooth module :)
To make life even easier, we have prepared
- Manual for you to connect the wires
- Sample code for Bluetooth control
- APK for Bluetooth app installation (Android only)
- Mobile Robot KitController:
- Maker UNOMotor Driver:
- L298 dual channel DC brush motor driver
- Power both controller and motor with 4 x AA battery, with battery holder too.
- Comes with HC06 Bluetooth module, for wireless control from smart phone
- Open source example code, free to modify and learn coding
- Acrylic mobile robot base with many more space for prototyping
- Two "TT" motor with wheel, for differentiate drive
- Robust caster
Video to assemble the robot is in the making, stay tuned!
Step 1: HARDWARE PREPARATION
You can buy this kit from link below:
1 x 2 wheel Smart Robot Car Chassis
1 x Maker UNO (Simplifying Arduino for Education)
1 x L298N Dual H Bridge Motor/Stepper Driver
1 x Male to Female Jumper Wire (Pack of 10)
1 x 40 ways Male to Male Jumper Wire
4 x 10mm PCB stand S/S
2 x 30mm PCB stand S/S
1 x GP 4 x AA Supercell battery
1 x Bluetooth transceiver module (HC-05)
1 x 4xAA battery holder
1 x USB Micro B cable
1 x Breadboard Mini (35mmx42mm), random color
Step 2: Assemble All Hardware Parts
In this video show how assemble all the mechanical parts together.
Step 3: Wiring All the Electronic Components and Boards
In this video shows how to connect all the electronic components and board.
Step 4: Program and Control the Robot
In this video shows how to program the robot and control the robot
4 years ago
Great intro to robotics tutorial. Thanks for sharing.
Reply 4 years ago