Introduction: Awesome Wooden Furniture Display With LED's
My wish is to give at least one of you some inspiration to decorate your house. Don't get intimidated of soldering, it's super easy and very inexpensive these days.
Step 1: What Will I Need?
- LED Lights (http://www.ebay.com/itm/5M-3528-300-LED-SMD-Flexib...)
- 22awg Cable (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stranded-Equipment-Wire-18...)
- 12 Power Supply (http://www.ebay.com/itm/EU-Plug-Adapter-AC-100-240...)
- Hot Glue (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Professional-Mini-Electric...)
- Soldering Iron (http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-9in1-60W-220V-Electric...)
- Tape (http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-Rolls-18mm-Width-Clear-T...)
- Wooden Furniture (Build One)
Step 2: Find Your Wooden Display
I was lucky enough to find this in my old room. Maybe you can find something similar up on the attic, or maybe you could just build one yourself? Nevertheless, your first step will be to get it!
Step 3: Solder Your LED Strips and Glue Them in Place
LED's are no more than a couple of dollars (5m roll), make sure to use it! Attach some in the back for even more effect! I decided to go with 2 warm white and 2 cool white LED strips. Go with the warm white!
Tape the cables in place, and make sure no cables are visible from the front, this gives your display a clean look.
Step 4: Solder the Wires to the Power Supply
Your next step will be to solder all the wires together, and solder them to the 12V power supply. If you have some mesh guard and shrink tube available, use it! Now your display will appear more modern, and look more professional.
Step 5: Test It and Place Where You Want It
Does it work? Great! If not, check your solder joints and volt output from the power supply.
As you can see the cool white looks terrible, warm white is the way to go! I placed mine in the corner of my workbench in the garage. Now what to display?
Step 6: RC Quadcopters With Transmitters
Remember, this is only one of many things you may put in your display. I'm a RC-entusiast, and so happens to have 4 mini drones, perfect for my display! What would you like to display, and where would you put it?
Thanks for reading my article!