Introduction: BEST BUTTERSCOTCH BANANA BREAD EVER!
In my opinion, the brown sugar topping gives it a sweet little crunch, adding to the already most delicious moist, mouth watering bread I have had. Just a hint of butterscotch throws a really different but delightful, taste into the treat. It is sort of like 'The icing on the cake' so to speak.
Step 1: INGREDIENTS:
1 cup Sugar
2 large over ripe Bananas (mashed)
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 cup Mayonnaise
1/3 cup Sour Cream
1/8 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1 tsp. Baking Soda
2 cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 of an 11 ounce bag of Butterscotch Morsels
1/4 - 1/2 cup Brown Sugar (set this aside till the very last)
Step 2: TOOLS:
1. Large Mixing Bowl
3. Bread Pans ( 2 )
4. Large Spoon
5. Measuring Cups (1/4, 1/3, 1/2, & cup sizes)
6. Measuring Spoons ( 1/8, & 1 teaspoon sizes)
7. Cooking Spray
9. Pot holders
Step 3: LET'S GET STARTED!
- ***PREHEAT OVEN TO : 350 DEGREES * BAKE: 40-45 MINUTES * MAKES 2 LOAVES* ***
1. Put sugar, eggs, & Vanilla in the mixing bowl. Using electric mixer, mix well.
2. Now add the Mayo, Sour Cream, mashed Bananas, Baking Soda & Cinnamon, mixing well. Add flour & again, mix well.
3. You can put mixer away, grab the large spoon & gently stir the Butterscotch morsels into mixture.
4. Spray the bread pans with the non stick spray and pour even amounts of mixture into pans.
5. Now take the Brown Sugar and sprinkle all over top of mixture in each pan using as little or as much as you desire.
6. Put the pans in 350 degree oven & bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when testing for doneness.
Step 4: ALMOST THERE!!
1. Remove bread from oven, set aside about 10 minutes to cool before removing bread from pans.
2. Slice to desired thickness & DIG IN! It is SOOOO MOIST & DELICIOUS that you may be tempted to hide it all for yourself & not share!!
Participated in the
Sweet Treats Challenge