Introduction: Bake the Delicious Choco Chip Cake
Frankly, there’s hardly anyone who doesn’t like chocolates. And when you get that in the form of a cake overloaded and crammed with chocolate chips, it is nothing less than heaven.
Therefore, we decided to share the recipe of a delicious Choco chip cake for you to satiate your chocolate cravings and celebrate every new day with sweetness. Read on to know how it is made!
Step 1: Here’s What You Need:
FOR THE CAKE
- 2 1/4 cups sifted unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup salted butter (softened)
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt ¾ cup to 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, roughly chopped; or mini chocolate chips
FOR THE FROSTING
- 3 cups sugar ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 cup salted butter,
- softened ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon instant espresso
- ¾ cup to 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, for decorating
Step 2: Here’s How You Can Make It:
Make the cake:
Preheat oven at 350◦ Fahrenheit. Butter 9 inch cake pan lightly and sprinkle 1 tablespoon sifted flour. Tap pans gently to coat it evenly and discard the excess flour. Line the pan with a parchment paper cutting the same to the size of the pan.
Step 3: Mixing Butter and Sugar
Mix together butter and sugar in a large bowl until evenly blended.
Step 4: Adding Eggs and Vanilla
Now add 2 eggs, one at a time and thereafter, vanilla and mix until they are incorporated.
Step 5: Mixing Flour and Baking Powder
In a separate bowl, sift flour and add baking powder and salt to it and make sure to blend the entire dry mixture well.
Step 6: Adding Dry Mixture to the Egg Mixture
Add half of the dry mixture to the egg mixture pouring in half cup of milk. Repeat the same with the remaining mixture. Keep on mixing until it is blended. Add chocolate chips in the mixture.
Step 7: Pouring the Batter
Pour the batter in the pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Once done, let it cool in the rack completely. Note: In case the cake is domed, level the top with a serrated knife.
Step 8: Make the Frosting
- Mix sugar, butter, salt and vanilla until they are well blended. In another bowl, pour boiling water and add espresso powder to it. Add this mixture to the frosting and blend well.
- On the serving platter, place one layer of the cake and spread one-third of the frosting over it evenly. Top the frosted layer with the second layer of the cake and spread the frosting again on the top as well as on the sides evenly.
- Decorate the cake with chocolate chips on the sides and on the top.
Your cake is all set to be savoured and enjoyed. Share happiness and sweetness with your dear ones by baking this scrumptious treat at home or order choco chip cake online in Gurgaon through Bakingo - a trusted online bakery where you can get cake home delivery in Gurgaon.
5 years ago
That looks delicious!
Reply 5 years ago