Introduction: Banana Muffins
Do you ever just have the craving to make Banana Muffins and check your kitchen for the ingredients and find out that you don't have any baking powder in the house? Well, this recipe substitutes baking powder for whipped egg white. These banana muffins are so good and tasty, they are my favorite snack. They are super moist and delicious.
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 whipped egg white
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash of ground nutmeg
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1/3 cup of butter, melted
- 1/4 cup of lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 of chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a muffin tin.
- Sift flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg together in a small bowl.
- Mash bananas in a large bowl. Mix in white sugar, melted butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract. Fold in flour mixture mixture until just combined. Then fold in your whipped egg white. Then if you are adding chocolate chips, fold those in.
- Divide mixture evenly among the muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20-25 minutes.
Step 1: Mixing Everything Together.
First, in a small bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg, then, in a large bowl, mash together the bananas. Then mix in white sugar, melted butter, brown sugar, egg, vanilla extract, and the flour mixture. It should look like the picture above when you are done.
Step 2: Whipping Your Egg White.
Since we are using egg white instead of baking powder, we need to take one egg white and use a hand mixer to mix it until light and fluffy. Once you're done, it should have soft peaks and you should be able to turn it upside down without it falling out of the bowl.
Step 3: Adding the Last Ingredients.
After you have whipped your egg white fold it into the mixture, then if you are adding in chocolate chips fold in after the egg white.
Step 4: Baking Time
Now take the mixture and pour it evenly into 12 muffin cups. I used a 1/4 of a cup to fill up my muffin cup. Now you just bake them for 20-25 minutes or until you are able to stick a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean.
Step 5: Finished Product
Once you take your muffins out of the oven, let them cool for 10 minutes. Enjoy!
Participated in the
Kitchen Compromises Speed Challenge