Introduction: Basket Ball Hoops, Bot Puzzle, and Rubbing Stone
Step 1: Supplies
List of supplies for each individual item.
- Milk jug ring
- Gold coins netting
- Strong yellow thread
- Empty spool
- Pen with pocket clip
- Miniature clothes pin
- Instructable's sticker
- Altoids tin
- Orange felt is to embellish the spool, it is optional.
- Hole punch for punching hole in felt.
Ball: I made my ball but you can use a mini ball for this game:
- Orange felt
- Fine tip black marker
- Twist tie
- Instructables Robot sticker
- Small Clear cellophane bag
- 1 Clear glass round craft stone or plastic stone. Better ones available that are much clearer. I used what I had.
- Instructable's sticker.
Step 2: Basket
- Fold the netting in half as shown.
- Slip it over the orange ring.
- Thread the needle with no knot.
- Weave the needle through the netting just under the rim.
- Pull the threads through evenly.
- Tie the two ends together and double knot it.
- Set aside while you make the pole.
Step 3: Pole
Instructions for making the pole:
- Trace the bottom of the spool onto the felt using the marker.
- Cut out the circle.
- Mark center.
- Punch a hole in the center using the hole punch.
- Glue the circle to the top of the spool.
- Cut out a small piece of the magnet and glue it to the bottom of the spool.
- Cut the straw the desired length.
- Stick the close pin in the top of the straw.
- Stick a small strip of tape to the back of the Instructable's sticker.
- Tape the sticker to the straw.
- Push the nail through the bottom of the spool.
- Stick the straw into the spool.
- Clip the basket under the close pin and position it into place.
- Stick the pole to the top of the Altoids can.
- Set aside while you make the rest of the Altoids contents.
Step 4: Ball
You may use a miniature ball or make this one:
- Cut a small circle from the felt.
- Place a marble in the center.
- Glue it into the center.
- Pull the sides in around the marble.
- Tie with twist tie.
- Write the label with a fine tip marker.
- Stick tape to the back if it is a prop or use it to throw baskets.
A regular ball would be best for throwing the baskets but this did work.
You could even write on a regular ball with a marker pen.
Step 5: Team
- I made a sugar cube out of a mini cookie cutter man, but you can use a regular sugar cube or make one from cardboard.
- To make the sugar cube here is the link: https://www.instructables.com/id/Your-Favorite-Character-Tea-Coffee-Break/ .
- I taped a cut out Instructable's robot sticker and Halloween stickers to the sugar cube.
You could make the same thing using your favorite basket ball team from stickers.
Step 6: Puzzle
The Instructable's puzzle:
- Carefully cut out the robot character of the Instructable's sticker.
- Remove the colored picture of the robot and save him for the rubbing stone.
- Save the backing and all the white pieces for the puzzle.
- Make a small bag from a clear cellophane or plastic bag and tape the seams leaving one long seam open.
- Put the cut out pieces back together.
- Place them in the bag.
- Tape the bag shut.
Step 7: Rubbing Stone
Instructions for the rubbing stone:
- Glue the robot to the back of the glass stone.
- Cut out a small piece of the magnet and glue it to the bottom of the glass stone.
- Set it aside while it dries.
Please note: There are much nicer glass or plastic stones available. I used what I had.
Step 8: Sunshiine's Final Thoughts
Kids and sport fans would appreciate this kit. It is a good thing to have at the office to relieve stress. It would make great Halloween favors and you do your part in recycling stuff. It is fast cheap and easy to make. Here is how it works:
Set this kit up while you a watching the game on TV. While you are waiting for the commercials to end shoot baskets or show family members how the play should have been made, or discuss how the referee made the wrong call. This also will serve as exercise if your wife or girlfriend is concerned you are not active enough!
When you are away from your desk you place all the contents in the Altoids can except for the spool and the ink pen.
You place the spool, ink pen and the Altoids can with the contents in your pocket.
When you want to shoot hoops set it up and shoot the hoops , put the puzzle together or rub the character stone.
At the office you keep this set up on your desk and shoot hoops on your break. Here you use the straw set up or the ink pen.
You can use the spool as a pen holder if you want. There is enough room to add a small pack of snacks.
Participated in the
Make It Stick Contest 2