Introduction: Bechain. the Necklace.
- small old lightbulb
- stator from a CD-ROM motor
- few links from a bike chain
- small gears from a quartz watch
Step 1: Collect the Needed Materials
Stator+lightbulb+small gears+bike chain+thin metal board.
The stator is taken from a CD-ROM motor and disassembled by hand from the green board.
The gears are taken from a quartz watch.
The metal board is taken from a watch
Step 2: Tools Needed
1. A grinding *thing* (anything that can help you grind the hole edges of the chain where the neck chain will be)
2. A cutting *thing* (to cut the light bulb but on the length of the circle, not through the bulb, will be glass there)
3. A diamond bit (to grid the glass inside the base of the bulb and to drill the hole inside the bulb for the gears that have to be inserted)
4. A chain press (to take the links you need)
Step 3: Preparing Pieces
- grind the small edge of the hole
- shape the chain like you want to use
- cut a sheet of metal board (i used one from a watch) to place it between the chain links where the stator will be. (have to be exactly the same diameter as the hole of stator)
- cut the bulb to fit the thickness of the stator
- drill the hole inside the bulb to insert the gears
- glue the chain to the back of the stator/bulb
Step 4: Details.
Put the neck chain, clean/polish the chain and *optionally* apply a varnish coat to the stator.
Done for wearing.
This one like the majority of my wearables are for my significant other which likes steampunk accessories.
Participated in the
Wear It! Contest