Introduction: Bedroom Mood Light
Surprise your partner with romantic mood light in your bedroom.
Install LED strip behind your double bed and spice room with warm ambient light.
NOTE: This is old project, so there is no progress pictures. Hope that text is going to be enough. After all, it is one simple project with effective result.
Supplies & Tools
- 2 meters of RGB LED strip (14,4 watts per meter)
- 36 W LED driver
- RBG LED controller
- 2 meters PVC cable tray as base
- Soldering iron
Make base frame
- Cut parts from PVC cable tray so that you can bend it into staples shape (20 cm + 160 cm + 20 cm).
- Mount it to the back of bed.
- If back panel of bed is not vertically straight, I suggest to make some distance between bad and tray to get more room for emitted light.
NOTE: You can use for base something else. Wood, metal or any other suitable material. This was the easier way in my opinion.
Install LED strip
- Place LED stripe onto prepared base to face ceiling.
- Connect it to controller with soldering iron.
- Connect controller with power supply. Solder it or use terminal.
- Screw controller and power supply to the back.
Enjoy it with your partner... or use it as night light if you have your youngsters sleeping in your room.
Participated in the
Make It Glow Contest