Introduction: Bee's Wax Lip Balm
Bees wax is a natural material that works to seal in moisture and nurture skin. In this recipe, you'll combine beeswax, coconut oil, shea butter, and essential oils - all natural ingredients - to create a soothing and fragrant lip balm. The best part? It's only 11 steps! As long as you have a stove, you can make this lip balm.
Step 1: Gather Materials
Step 2: Clear Counter Space
Make sure you are not allergic to any of the materials and that you are wearing the appropriate clothing (no loose/hanging clothing, closed-toed shoes, ensure you have an oven mitt)
Step 3: Make Sure You Have the Correct Amount of Each Ingredient
- One tablespoon of beeswax (luckily for us one stick was equal to one tablespoon)
- 10/11 drops of essential oils
- 2 tablespoons of shea butter
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
Step 4: Set Up Double Boiler
- Place the jar in the center of the empty pot.
- Fill pot with water an inch or two so that it goes up the side of the jar but doesn’t flow into the jar.
- Turn burner on medium heat (the water will boil)
Step 5: Add Ingredients
Place shea butter, coconut oil and Beeswax in jar
Place one stick of beeswax in the jar first to speed up the melting process. Once the beeswax is almost completely melted add in shea butter and coconut oil. Stir with a plastic spoon until all is melted together.
*** Add additional water to pot as needed (water will be evaporating) ***
Step 6: Turn Stove on Medium High Heat and Melt Ingredients Together
Step 7: Once All Ingredients Are Melted
Turn off heat and add 20 drops of your choice of essential oil - leave the mixture in the water to keep warm
Step 8: Set Up Lip Balm Containers
Make sure there are more than enough and place a paper towel under the containers
Step 9: Using Oven Mitt, Prepare to Pour
- Swirl mixture to incorporate
- Take care not to overfill
Step 10: Let Sit Overnight
Enjoy your new, natural lip balm!
5 years ago