Introduction: Best Peanut Butter and Jelly of All Time
So have you ever found yourself surrounded by people who are always bragging about their PB & J game? Have you ever felt vastly out of place due to your lack of Peanut-butter & Jelly making experience? Well my good friend today you are in luck. As the title suggests I am going to take you on a culinary journey that will give you the skills to make the most perfectest bestestest Peanut-butter and Jelly sandwich ever. Of all time!
Step 1: The Ingredients
A wise man once said, "A great chef is only as good as his ingredients." And while you may not be aiming to be a great chef, a PB & J is no different. With that being said lets list off the basic ingredients that you will need for this sandwich.
- This is your base, its the foundation of the sandwich
- I would suggest choosing a whole grain bread for optimal flavor
- However what bread you use is entirely up to you
- Peanut butter is arguable the most important part of the sandwich
- With this in mind you have a few choices you have to make
- Do you go smooth or crunchy?
- Do you choose Jiff or Skippy?
- This is going to be your flavor, the ingredient that perfectly compliments the peanut butter
- Here you have a few flavor choices, I would choose grape, but you do you
- Unless you want to be using your bare hands to spread the ingredients your gonna need utensils
- specifically your going to want a butter knife
- make sure its not sharp, you just need it to spread, not to cut
Step 2: The Base
To begin our awesome peanut butter sandwich making process your going to want to select one of your bread slices to be the bottom of your sandwich. Your going to place the single piece of bread in front of you on your work space and when ready you will use the knife/utensil you have chosen to scoop a portion of the selected peanut butter and with a smooth and constant motion you will spread the peanut butter in a nice even layer, depending on how much you like peanut butter you can make this layer thicker or thinner to fit your specific tastes. if you use all the peanut butter on your knife but you still aren't satisfied with the thickness you can always get more. once you are done you should have a slice of bread laying on your work space with an even layer of peanut better spread over its top surface.
Step 3: The Top
You will now take your second slice of bread and place it on your work space in front of you. you will again use your knife/ utensil to scoop out a sufficient amount of jelly and then just as you did with the bottom piece you will spread the jelly in a smooth constant motion over the surface of the bread slice until you have an even coat of jelly over the entire piece of bread
Step 4: Joining the Top and Bottom
now since you have a top and a bottom slice you will now combine these two pieces together in order to make your sandwich. First you will make sure both pieces of bread are oriented in the same direction with the peanut butter and jelly covered sides facing up. you will then take your top slice, the jelly slice and place it over top the peanut butter slice so that they are aligned perfectly, and so that the peanut butter and jelly are touching each other leaving the bottom side of each slice clean and exposed.
Step 5: Enjoy
you can now enjoy your peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and if you don't enjoy your sandwich you can try sampling different peanut butters, breads, and jellies and also you can try varying the amount of peanut butter and jelly used until the sandwich is just how you would like it.