Introduction: Brown Sugar Steamed Buns for Someone Interested in Chinese Cuisine
Are you interested in Chinese cuisine? Do you want to try something different for your breakfast? Brown Sugar Steamed Buns will be a good choice！Brown sugar is rich in nutrition and high nutrient absorption rate.
In this instructable, I will show you how to make brown sugar steamed buns. The steps are easy and the buns are wonderfully delicious!
Step 1: Prepare Ingredients and Tools
For this recipe, you will need:
Ingredients(A digital food scale can help you get the exact weight):
- Flour: 300g
- Brown Sugar: 50g
- Baking Powder: 5g
- Steam Cooker/ Pot
- Cutting Board
Step 2: Mix the Ingredients
- Boil the water with the stemer cooker/ pot, take the water out, and wait the water cool down until it's at room temperature.
- Mix the baking powder and brown sugar with the water, and stir until it is dissolved. (There might be some bubbles on the surface.)
- Pour the flour into a pot, and add the baking powder-brown sugar mixture. Stir the flour and the mixture till no lumps remain. (picture 3)
Step 3: Knead Dough
For those who are not good at kneading dough, here is a video for you to look at.
You can also follow this instuction.
If the dough is a little sticky, you can add some flour.
If the dough is a little dry, you can add some water.
- Take the dough out and put it in the cutting board.
- Fold the dough over onto itself, then push it forward, then fold it again and push again. Repeat the same process until its surface becomes smooth.
- Shape the dough into ball.
- Put the dough into into a pot, and make sure that the pot is covered up so that the dough is seperated from air.
Wait the dough to rise for 2~4 hours until the dough doubles in size.
Step 4: Make the Buns
- Take the dough out from the pot, put it between your palms and roll the dough to make it longer. (Like a cylinder)
- Cut the dough into small chunks and put the chunks in the steamer.
- Cook the buns about 15~20 minitues. If you touch the buns and they are soft and tender, they are done.
- Now enjoy the yummy brown sugar buns!
Participated in the
First Time Author Contest