Introduction: CREAMY CAULIFLOWER PASTA - Serves 4
A quick and easy creamy pasta dish with a difference.
1-2 tablespoons butter or oil
4 cloves minced garlic
340g (12oz) cauliflower florets
1 1/2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
1/2 - 1 cup milk (adjust for desired thickness)
1 cup grated parmesan cheese plus a little extra for serving
1 cup diced cooked ham
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
salt and pepper to taste
230g (8oz) linguine or other pasta
Step 1: TO MAKE THE CREAMY CAULIFLOWER SAUCE
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, add the garlic, and cook until fragrant - about a minute.
2. Add the cauliflower and broth, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the cauliflower is tender, about 6-10 minutes.
3. Transfer to a blender or food processor and puree.
4. Return to the saucepan, add enough milk to get the sauce to the desired consistency.
Step 2: PREPARE THE FLAVOUR
5. Add the cheese, ham, and parsley to the sauce and mix well.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Warm through.
Step 3: COOK PASTA
8. Cook pasta until al dente and drain well.
You can do this while the cauliflower is cooking.
Step 4: COMBINE AND SERVE
9. Combine sauce and pasta and serve with extra grated parmesan and parsley on top.