Introduction: CROSS-STITCH HEART PENDANT
I introduce Instructable of a beautiful pendant cross stitch charm on wood, in English and Spanish (both lenguage in pdf file attached), I hope you like it !!!
Step 1: STEP 1: TOOLS, MATERIALS AND TECHNIQUES
• Hacksaw with its hacksaw blade (1)
• Dremel milling machine with 1/32“ or 1 mm diameter drill (2)
• Stencil of circles or the figure that you like (3)
• Paper, pencil and colors (4)
• Scissors (5)
• Embroidery needle (6)
• Any kind of piece of wood 1/8” o 3 mm thick (recommended) (7)
• Pendant holder (8)
• Embroidery threads (9)
• Saw or cut wood
• Drilling with Dremel
• Cross stitch embroidery
Step 2: STEP 2: EMBROIDERY DESIGN
• Draw grid (3/32” x 3/32” or 2mm x 2mm on each frame), and on this design the figure to be embroidered by coloring each frame, in this case we design a 3-color heart. You can also use designs available on the internet
Step 3: STEP 3: FORMAT THE PENDANT
• Center the design on a 1 ½” or 35mm diameter circle and draw a line
• Trace another same size circle on a piece of wood making sure that you are always tracing the circle with the same diameter
• With the hacksaw, saw the wood with the drawn circle
Step 4: STEP 4: PASS DESIGN TO WOOD
• Place the design on the cutted wood, to help the wood perforation (next step) you can use a needle to mark all the corners of the squares that you colored in the design to be embroidered. Don't forget to also mark the place of the hole where it will hang!
• With the Dremel, drill (through the wood) all the corners of the squares that you colored for the design to be embroidered. Don't forget to drill where you will hang the pendant!!
• Verify that all the corners of the squares that make up the design are completely perforated.
• Remove the paper from the design and clean the wood. If you wish you can varnish the wood or paint it in some color.
Step 5: STEP 5: PLACING a HOLDER AND EMBROIDERY
• Align the holder Pendant in the hole where it will be hung, and close the holder
• Taking the design in paper as a reference, proceed to cross stitch embroidery, with the colors selected for the design
• Once finished, tie knots in the back of the pendant and cut any excess thread
Step 6: STEP 6: ENJOY YOUR PENDANT
• Put your PENDANT on a cord, and enjoy your embroidered PENDANT!
• You can also try designing more PENDANTs in different shapes, sizes and colors!!
Runner Up in the