Introduction: CS122A Voice Recognition Music Player
This is the Voice Recognition Music Player. It can play up to 33 songs depending on how many song titles and artist you store.
Step 1: PARTS:
- Arduino Uno
- Arduino Mega
- LCD 16x2 Display
- 2x ATMega1284
- Smakn Speak Recognition Module
- HC-08 Bluetooth Module(iOS compatible)(Amazon.com)
- MicroSD card Adapter Reader (Amazon.com)
- 200x Gain LM386 Audio Amplifier Module(Amazon.com)
- 4Ω Speaker.
- 8 Single LED's
- 8 Resistors (330Ω)
Step 2: First ATmega1284
SPI Communication between two ATmega's 1284
- Connect Pin 5 to Pin 5
- Connect Pin 6 to Pin 6
- Connect Pin 7 to Pin 7
- Connect Pin 8 to Pin 8
USART Communications between Bluetooth module and First ATmega
- Connect GND Pin to GND on breadboard
- Connect VCC to 5V on breadboard
- Connect Tx to Pin 17 on ATmega
- Connect Rx to Pin 16 on ATmega
- Use LightBlue app for IOS and send hex values though Characteristics when connected to the HC-08.
- Use "Write new value" and write the hex value of your choice.
USART Communication between First ATmega and Arduino MEGA
- Connect Pin 18 to Pin 14 on ATmega
- Connect Pin 19 to Pin 15 on ATmega
Step 3: Second ATmega1284
Connect 8 LED's to ATmega
- Connect LED(Long side) to Pins 33-40.
- Connect 330Ω Resistor to each LED and the other end to GND on the breadboard.
Connect LCD to ATmega.
- Connect LCD Pin 1 to GND on breadboard
- Connect LCD Pin 2 to 5V on breadboard
- Connect LCD Pin 3 to Potentiometer (10KΩ) through to GND.
- Connect LCD Pin 4 to ATmega Pin 20
- Connect LCD Pin 5 to GND.
- Connect LCD Pin 6 to ATmega Pin 21
- Connect LCD Pin 7 - 14 to ATmega Pin 22-29
- Connect LCD Pin 15-16 to VCC - GND
Step 4: Arduino Uno
Connect MicroSD card Adapter to Arduino Uno.
- Connect GND to GND on Arduino
- Connect VCC to 5V on Arduino
- Connect MISO to Pin 12
- Connect MOSI to Pin 11
- Connect SCK to Pin 13
Connect CS to Pin 4Connect 200x Gain LM386 Audio Amplifier Module to Arduino Uno
- Connect two GND to GND on a breadboard
- Connect IN to Pin 9 on Arduino
- Connect VCC to 5V on a breadboard
Connect Speaker to Audio Amplifier Module.
- Connect + to VCC on Audio Amplifier
- Connect - to GND on Audio Amplifier
Connect Arduino Uno to First ATmega1284
- Connect Pin 2 to Pin 15 on ATmega
- Connect Pin 3 to Pin 14 on ATmega
Add TMPpcm-master.zip to Arduino Library
- Sketch >> Include Library >> Add zip Library
Step 5: Change Mp3 to Wav Files
- Change bit resolution: 8bit
Change sampling rate: 16000Hz
Change audio channels: mono
PCM format: PCM unsigned 8-bit
Step 6: Arduino Mega
Connect Smakn Speak Recognition Module(SRM) to Arduino MEGA
- Connect SRM GND to GND on breadboard.
- Connect SRM VCC to 5V on breadboard.
- Connect SRM TX to Pin 10
- Connect SRM RX to Pin 11
Upload VoiceRecognitionV3-master.zip to Arduino Library
- Click on then Sketch >> Include Library >> Add zip Library
- Train up to 80 words using sigtrain. eg(sigtrain 0 BrunoMars)
- It will train Bruno Mars to position 0 and can be used using load 0.
- While in load when it hears Bruno Mars it will output it in the Serial Monitor.
- You load 7 commands at a time and see how many are in and what values are in load using vr.
- You can clear the load by using clear.