Introduction: Captain America Shield
This was prop for a dress up party , because no captain america costume is complete without the shield.
The process was quick, maybe 20 minutes excluding drying time for the paint.
- Cardboard sheets or box
- news paper
- sticky tape
- paint (red, blue, white)
- Begin by tying the string to the pencil to use at the radius of the circle, hold the end of the string in the middle of the cardboard and draw the perimeter.
- Cut out the circle you have drawn. This will be the base.
- Use that same method to cut thinner semi circles which you will prop up as 'Spines' on base with tape in order to create the Convex shape, the more spines, the more linear the dome will be.
- Wrap the cardboard dome in newspaper and tape the underside. add layers for strength.
- Paint the shield a base coat of white.
- over the white, paint the red rings and blue background of the star.
- I used a lacquer over to give it a shiny effect.
- tie string or cardboard to the back to use as a handle
- wear with pride.
Participated in the
Halloween Props Contest