Introduction: Cheesy Chicken Taquitos
- These chicken taquitos are creamy, cheesy, and packed with taco flavoring! They are hearty, filling, and great for a quick dinner or game-day snacking! They can be easily frozen, so they are a great after school snack, or late-night munchie solution! They are super easy, and take less than 20 minutes to prepare. You will never buy the frozen ones, packed with all sorts of terrible things, again! Bring them to the next flavor level and serve them with my Salsa Verde recipe!
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 8oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies (14.5oz)
- 1 tbl cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 24 – 6in flour tortillas
- Cooking spray
Step 1: Make the Cheesy-chicken Filling
Preheat the oven to 375˚. In a large bowl combine chicken,cream cheese and tomatoes. Add the spices and mix until evenly distributed. Add the shredded cheese and mix until combined.
Step 2: Wrap Them Up!
Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place 2 rounded tablespoons of mixture onto the center of a tortilla. Spread the mixture out into a line across the tortilla, leaving a little space on each end of the tortilla filling-free. Roll up the tortilla tightly and place it onto a baking sheet, flap side down to keep it from unrolling. Repeat with remaining tortillas and mixture.
Step 3: Bake and Devour!
Lightly spray the tops of the taquitos with cooking spray. Bake the taquitos for 10 minutes. Flip the taquitos over and bake an additional 5 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with sour cream and Salsa Verde.