Introduction: Chicken Nuggets
True chicken nuggets! Turn a piece of a chicken into a flock of mini chickens, then send them out to battle the dinosaurs. This is a remix of Chick Nugget by A Japanese housewife. The version I created is simplified and the nuggets are baked instead of fried.
Step 1: Things You'll Need
- 1 lb chicken thigh meat, tendons removed
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 2 eggs (scrambled) + 2 tbsp water
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- Chicken Nugget Molds: .stl file provided for 3D printing- includes rooster, hen, chick, and egg.
- Food processor
- Baking sheets (2)
- Parchment paper
- Oven, preheated to 400 degrees
Step 2: Prepare the Poultry
- Remove as many tendons as you can from the chicken thighs.
- Cut the thighs into smaller pieces, about 1-2 inches.
Step 3: Pulverize
- Place the chicken into the food processor with garlic salt, and other seasonings if desired.
- Pulse until it turns into a sticky chicken goo; 5 second pulses for 1-2 minutes.
- Chill the chicken in the freezer for 10 minutes.
Step 4: Put Oil on Everything
- Grease your hands with vegetable oil.
- Grease the inside of the molds you will be using.
- Grease a sheet of parchment paper and place it onto a baking sheet.
Step 5: Make Your Chicken Goo Look Like a Chicken
- Remove the chicken from the freezer.
- Place the mold on top of the greased sheet of parchment paper.
- Grab about a tablespoon of chicken and fill the mold completely.
- Pat the chicken down into the mold to form a flat surface on both sides of the nugget.
- Remove from mold.
- Chill nuggets (on baking sheet) in freezer for 10 minutes.
Step 6: Bread
- While your nuggets are chilling, prepare your breading station.
- Put 3/4 cup flour in the first bowl,
- 2 scrambled eggs + 2 tbsp water into the second bowl,
- and 1 cup breadcrumbs in the third bowl.
- Remove nuggets from freezer. Coat in flour, then egg, and breadcrumbs last.
- Place on a new parchment paper lined baking sheet, don’t use the cold one that went into the freezer.
Step 7: Bake and Decorate
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 8-10 minutes.
- You can decorate with condiments like ketchup, mustard and barbecue sauce.
Runner Up in the
Baking Contest 2016
Participated in the
Remix Contest 2016
6 years ago
Chicken Nuggets are my favorite. Good job!
6 years ago
Now that, is just too cool! I am wondering-where I live, "scrambled eggs" are cooked in a pan and served hot. Is there a different name where you live? When I look at your (most excellent photos,) the word we use in Ontario Canada is usually "whisked" Thanks so much for posting. Such a stellar idea!
6 years ago
Reply 6 years ago